Let me tell you a little story that I think accurately depicts how stressed I was on a daily basis. [Read more…]
I know, I know. I’ve missed you, too.
Well…you were right.
….I’m just kidding. [Read more…]
I’ve been really productive recently. It’s kind of a nice change.
Sure, I’ve given up my binge watching and going out all the time. It can be boring. I read a lot.
Here’s a list of all the activities on my agenda for the average week:
- Full-time job (40 hours)
- Full-time Masters degree (7 hours)
- Write 2-3 quality blog posts (5 hours)
- Write/edit my new eBook (3 hours)
- Chip away at goal of reading 30 books in 2016 (6 hours)
- 1-2 fellowship meetings with church friends (5 hours)
- Playing sports/exercising (5 hours)
“I don’t like reading. I’m a slow reader. I don’t know what to read. I don’t dislike reading, but I think I’ll just go see the movie instead.”
Here’s a silly “Top 10” list of why reading is good for you. You probably already know some of the benefits: mental stimulation, increased vocabulary, superhuman strength (probably).
Reading is something that no one can make you do, no matter how motivating they are, how good the book is supposed to be, or how many benefits reading offers.
I’ll tell you from experience that from reading 23 books last year: [Read more…]